Thursday, May 21, 2015

Dreamcatcher



Okay this was SOOooo fun to make. I found a stick outside that was pretty bendable, and then I soaked it in water for about 2 days to make it more bendable. Then I wrapped embroidery floss around it to keep the two ends together and to keep the flimsy stick all together. Then I did the inside part with embroidery floss. And then I added thin strings on to the bottom and attached beads and glitter feathers that I found at michaels. And last but not least I sprayed it down with a coat of silver glitter and hung it on my door. 



My great great great grandma, who I am named after, was Native American. So that means that I am one thirty second Native American. So I can totally make and have dream catchers right? I should probably find out the authentic way to make a dreamcatcher. "The Authentic Dreamcatcher" post may or may not be on its way.










2 comments: